It's funny how inspiration runs in circles. My 31 Day Blog Challenge inspired Carol to create a daily challenge for April, in the form of an editorial calendar for her blog. I didn't want to commit to another daily challenge on the heels of the one I was completing, so I started thinking instead of a weekly challenge.
I put the idea out to the Rocket City Bloggers, our local blogging group, and was met with some interest. So I did what I do best (sign up for All The Things!) and created the YLBC. (I never said my strengths lay with naming things.)
Each week for the next 52 weeks, we'll be posting a topic over at the Rocket City Bloggers site along with a Mr.Linky for people to share their posts on the topic. I am squeaking in under the wire this week since my laptop was out of commission courtesy of immense amounts of dust and cat hair in the air intakes. (No idea how that could have happened...)
Without further ado, this week's post...
This week's topic is: What do you need more of?
There are easy, off the cuff answers to this: sleep, weekends, large quantities of quality chocolate. But the thing I most need more of in my life is patience.
- The patience to listen to what others are actually saying instead of assuming I already know.
- The patience to pause and put aside how I thought things were going to go and see instead how they actually need to go.
- The patience to be kind even when I am grouchy, tired, or hungry.
- The patience to give myself space (and time) to learn new things instead of wanting to rush ahead.
- The patience to put some effort into weeknight dinners instead of falling back on the same few things (or giving up and going out.)
In short, the patience to live up to my ideals and be the kind of person I strive to be.