Saturday, November 03, 2012

Quiet Time Update

Quiet Time

Lest you think I've been neglecting Quiet Time in favor of shiny objects, I submit photographic evidence.

I've squared up all of those teeny tiny blocks and gotten the entire set of them sewn together (hooray!). I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how well the edges lined up. There are a LOT of seams in this top and the fact that only a couple of rows are more than 1/8" off means I did a pretty good job keeping a consistent seam allowance. ^_^

My plan is to make giant versions of the blocks for the backing and I already have the pieces cut. I've got some dark brown which is almost enough for 8" borders around the front, and I'll fill in with the remainder of my center fabric. The back will also get 9" borders on top and bottom. I'm not going to have a lot of wiggle room on fabric; it's funny how 1 yard sounds like a lot of fabric and then, suddenly, it isn't.

My goal this weekend is to get the backing done, the borders added, and the whole thing sandwiched. Plus get all of the squares for Butterfly Dreams finished (and hopefully borders added too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...