After months of waiting (and waiting and waiting...) our CSA has started back up for the summer! I am excited to get back to the astonishingly fresh produce and playful cooking of last summer.
This week's box included:
- 1 box of fresh strawberries--the kind of ripe they can't sell in grocery stores because they would have rotted before they got to you. Fragrant, ruby red, and absolutely mouthwatering.
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 3 small heads of broccoli
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cabbage
- 1 head (is that the right term?) of bok choi
- 1 bunch of unidentified greens
The hubby and I took one look at our haul and knew exactly what to do with it--stir fry! Our plan is to prep the stir fry friendly veggies this weekend, flash freeze them, and put together stir fry "kits" for those lazy, hungry weeknights. That will use the green onions, broccoli, cabbage, and bok choi.
The greens we will try to identify and then either have in salads or wilt and eat in pasta. (Love wilted greens!) The cauliflower I'll eat as snacks and the romaine will go in salads. As for the delicious strawberries? Strawberry pancakes for dinner tonight, with a strawberry sauce on top. ♥
We will probably modify these recipes .