Today we celebrated my hubby's birthday. It was a laid back sort of day. One that started with sleeping in late and ended with quiet reading/laptoping. It was a day with some mundane tasks (picking up a prescription, putting gas in the car), some fun outings (we went to see Captain America and tried a new BBQ place for dinner) and lots of great conversation. It was also interspersed with presents every time he turned around. (I love being sneaky!) : D
And so in honor of his 29th birthday, 29 things I love about my hubby:
1. He is the most selfless person I know. It never ceases to amaze me how generous he is both to me and others.
2. He gives the worlds best hugs. Period. End story.
3. He is whip smart and interested in *everything*. Truly a Renaissance man.
4. He squishes spiders and catches mice barehanded.
5. He loves to cook and we love to cook together.
6. He still maintains hope, after nearly 10 years of trying, that he will be able to teach me to find the beat in a piece of music.
7. He is a dedicated kitty trainer, teacher, feeder, groomer, and litter changer.
8. He has an amazing eye for color and home decor. He cares how our home looks and I value his opinions.
9. He is a deep thinker who often predicts global trends before they happen (hello housing bubble).
10. He is compassionate.
11. He understands that chocolate is a staple. And, occasionally, a food group.
12. He gets my need for quiet time alone to recharge.
13. He maintains a level head and approaches things logically.
14. He appreciates handmade things.
15. He shares my love of food--trying new restaurants, canning our own food, testing new recipes.
16. He is amazingly and unfailingly supportive of my endeavors.
17. He has a strong work ethic and works hard to help support our family.
18. He adores animals and is constitutionally unable to pass by a baby bunny or lake of ducklings without stopping by to say hello.
19. He has a great sense of humor and can make me laugh until my sides ache.
20. He is gentle.
21. He is great at talking to people and I love introducing him to my friends/bringing him to parties.
22. He has the most amazing blue eyes.
23. He takes pride in maintaining our house and yard.
24. He does a large portion of the cleaning because most cleaners make me unable to breathe.
25. He tucks me in every night.
26. He encourages my habit of taking photos of everything (and blogging it!).
27. He has a sense of wonder about the world and isn't too serious to be playful.
28. He likes long walks on the greenbelt and hiking in the parks.
29. He holds my hand.
I count myself lucky indeed to be married to him and I hope to celebrate many more birthdays with him. : )